400 Hz Single Jacket Cable Assemblies
J&B Aviation has built its reputation on our quality cables. J&B Aviation Modular 400 Hz Cable Assemblies provide the best design with the maximum number of options. Our streamlined connector provides greater versatility for the aircraft today and for future aircraft requirements.
- Replace the contact section in the field in 3-5 minutes.
- Plug-in switch modules allow for in-field replacement with no wiring
- Cost effective due to modular design to reduce life cycle costs and increase productivity
- Reduce phase unbalance by 97%
- Reduce voltage drop by 35% over banded cable
- Thermgard Replacement contact section automatically senses heat rise (hot plug)
ETL listed to UL standards
|Power Conductors||6 each, AWG #4|
|Neutral Conductor||1 each, AWG #1|
|Control Conductors||6 x 3, AWG # 18|
|Stranding||Class M, Extra Flexible|
|Voltage Rating||600 VAC|
|Current Rating||260 Amperes|
|Cold Bend Rating||-50 degrees C|
|Voltage Drop||2.8 Volts*|
|Voltage Unbalance||> 0.20 VOLTS*|
|Max. Continuous Conductor Temp.||+90 degrees C|
|Bending Radius||10 inches|
|Weight per foot||2.1 lbs.|
* At 90kVA, 0.80 power factor on a 60 ft. cable.
Cable Head Duct Cap – JB400CY
Ensures debris, water and live connectors do not pose a hazard to personnel or equipment.
Dust cap fits securely onto any 400 Hz connector.
Scuff Jacket – JB7501
Allows easy handling of the cable on ramp and in the hangar bays. Protects against harsh weather environments and are secured with Cold Shrink. Available in high visibility orange (JB7501) or gray (JB7502).
When is it time to replace cables and connectors?
Regular cable inspection is a critical aspect of any maintenance program. For a step by step guide on what to look for and when to replace your cables and connectors, click here to download an easy to follow guide and description.
Step By Step Cable and Connector Inspection Guide